Process/Product Upgradation – Plastics and Rubber Processing, Rusting and Painting Solution, Process Automation, Lean Management, etc.
Objectives of the Lean Management projects undertaken by Steinbeis are as follows –
- Train a group of potential leaders representing all the functional areas on lean methodology and process improvement framework.
- Help the team in identifying the potential projects from process improvement angle, and impact on the final product being manufactured.
- Help the teams to identify potential measurable objectives that can be achieved from the complete exercise such as CTQ = Critical to quality, CTP = Critical to Process, CTT = Critical to Technology, CTC = Critical to Customer, CTM = Critical to Management. The goals shall be prioritized based on the management need and agreed with the management.
- Help the teams in creating a detailed project plan indicating the potential goals to be accomplished, milestones for review with senior management.
- Identification of the bottlenecks to Improve the process velocity leading towards faster turnaround time
- Implementation of the identified projects for process and product improvement.
- Verify if the process is the most optimum! And the metrics for monitoring the process.
Relevant Projects Done –
- Improvement of Mould and Process Design for Industries having Plastics Injection Moulding in Faridabad.
- Common Coolant & Chip Handling System for CNC Machines for Auto-Component Manufacturers in Gurgaon
- Process Technology Improvements and application – Supply Chain Management Technology – Implementation & System Set-up
Lean Management – Case Study: Improvement of Mould and Process Design
- Stress was laid on improving the process capabilities of Indian SMEs by improving the Mould Design and Development facilities at these units.
- Training and Workshops conducted in Mould Designs, Raw Materials (Thermo-plastics), Moulding Machine Design and Dynamics, Process Cycle and Defects.
- Diagnostic Study for each of the members conducted focusing on their Tool Rooms and Mould Design Facilities for improvement.
- Improvement focus was on –
- Hardening and other Treatment solutions for Moulds.
- Mould Design Improvements.
- Mould Re-Design.
- Raw Material Understanding.
- Pain Areas in terms of manufacturing process/mould/machine etc.
- Process Study right from Raw Material entry to packaging and shipment, identifying the key pain areas of the process and how they can be improved upon.
- Based on this process study, Process and Product Improvement projects on –
- Automations, Man-Machine Optimization
- Product Design Facilities, Material Handling Capabilities
- The Future (after Lean Implementation) –
- Cluster-to-cluster collaboration with Plastics and other Cluster in Europe leading to enhanced market outreach and Business Development for Exports.
- Technology and Know-How to Exchange with Plastic Processing Clusters from Europe.
- Business Delegations and Direct Marketing Opportunities with European Cluster for enhancement in Euro – India Trade relations.