ESTABLISHING INNOVATION CENTRES
Setting-up Technology . Innovation Centres with Academic . Research Institutions . Industry Associations
The Institutions of future shall be well connected to the industry and both shall depend on each other for Innovations.IndustryshallcontributetoInstitutionsforinnovatingthecourse-curriculum or new R&D,and shall also expose the faculty and scientists to the latest technologies–which (the knowledge) in turn shall be transferred to their students / research work. Similarly, Institutes and the dynamic brains of the young Engineers and scientists which are connected to sciences and new R&D, shall contribute to various product and process innovations in the industry.
Based on the globally acknowledged and proven German model of engagement between Industryand Institutions, we support Institutions to establish Transfer centers in specific areas of Technology & Management. Similarly Industry Associations are supported to establish Technology and Innovation Centres to support its members.
Each Centre is supported to establishand sustain processes which are developed, tested and practiced by Steinbeis GmbHInGermany forover 30years now.Further each Centre is linked-up with many centers within Steinbeis Network – to support them in terms of expertise and technology infrastructure.
Joining the Steinbeis Network provides the Institutions and Industry Associations withunmatched access to the expertise and infrastructure of over 1000 Steinbeis Transfer Centres and the technology transfer network of Steinbeis.
Each Steinbeis Technology Centre specializes in aspecificarea of Technology / general technology areas,providing‘on-demand’ services to the industry –mainly SME’s –to cater to their technological and training requirements.
Each Centre works as a fully independent Private Enterprise in the professional institution,within the umbrella of Steinbeis India–where by Steinbeis takes care of all the legal,accounting,taxation and general marketing activities ( against Network Fees). The Centre Head–one of the Professors / Scientists / Experts / Full –Time Professional,of the Institution who is interested to work as an entrepreneur,is fully free to work and interact with the industry,thus creating lot of mutual value–both for the Institution and the Industry. The host Institution provides support in terms of providing office infrastructure and space and allowing the faculty to spare sometime for the Centre’s activities, apart from allowing the use of laboratories and seminar rooms for the activities of the Centre. Once the Steinbeis Centre starts making profits,they have to pay to the Institution for utilizing its labs and seminar rooms for its services to the industry.
Requirements for establishing a Technology Centre by a professional Educational Institution / Industry Associations :
- The Institute has to sign an agreement with Steinbeis India to establish Steinbeis Centre in the Institutions.
- The Centre has to be headed by a Centre Head who has to be an Expert / Professional with at least2 years experience in marketing, and interest in technology development and innovation. Alternatively a faculty having an experience of at-least 2 Projects for the industry, could be the Centre Head The Centre Head should be selected in concurrence with Steinbeis India.
- The Centre would have to be provided support by the Institute in terms of a fully furnished office-spaceand other operational expenditure (telephones, internet, tours and travels etc.) for a period of min. 2 years.
Steinbeis India Technology Centres –
- Steinbeis Solar Research Center, Chennai
- Steinbeis MPCON Centre for Technology Transfer & Training MP ( focus: Technology Transfer & Training )
- Steinbeis Centre for Renewable Energy & Knowledge Transfer North East ( Focus – Solar PV Technologies & Trainings )
- Steinbeis Centre for Training Assessment & Certification, Hyderabad
- AutoSync – Steinbeis Centre for Automotive Technologies, Chitkara University, Chandigarh
- Steinbeis MSME of India Centre for Technology & Innovation, Faridabad (virtual)
- Steinbeis IAU Centre for Technology & Advanced Management, Dehradun (virtual)
- Steinbeis CLIK Centre for Electronics Technology and Innovation, Bangalore
- Steinbeis Academy for Advanced Technology Training and Entrepreneurship, Hyderabad
- Steinbeis Academy Centre at Graphic Era University, Dehradun
- Steinbeis Centre for Smart Urban Mobility Technologies, NIT Warangal